Plymouth Arms, St Fagans: "Old Country Pub with Great Food" Top 5 Page for this destination Pubs/Bars Tip by aaaarrgh
Pubs/Bars, Cardiff: 30 reviews and 78 photos
Lovely period pub and restaurant in the village of St Fagan's, next door to the Welsh National History Museum. The interior is full of character with old beams, lived-in comfortable furniture and plenty of cosy nooks and crannies. There are nice touches, such as the cutlery being kept in old enamelled kitchen jugs. Because the restaurant is part of a pub, there is plenty of beer and wine available too.
The Plymouth Arms has an impressive dinner menu, very big indeed, covering a variety of tastes and nationalities. Main dishes are approx. £8-£12. They also have a Monday to Saturday lunchtime menu, which is very good value at £8 for two courses. When we visited they also had several special vegetarian dishes, ranging from spinach pasta, to aubergine curry, to goat's cheese 'wellington'. I was particularly intrigued because they serve 'gipsy tart', which I used to make as a child (and have never seen in a restaurant). The food was nicely presented, well cooked and tasty.
Just down the road is the main pedestrian entrance to the open-air Welsh National History Museum and St Fagans Castle.
Address: St Fagans village nr. Cardiff, CF5 6DU
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: The pub is a short distance from St Fagan's church. Turn off the main road (if coming by car) and there is a large private carpark behind the pub. Bus stop in front of the church, 70 metres away.
Phone: 029 2056 9173
More Restaurants in Cardiff (9)
More Reviews (50)
- See All The city of greedy seagulls!
- See All The Open Boat ~ friendly independent...
- See All Gigs in an old Church
- Cardiff's Parking Voucher System
- See All Norwegian Cardiff
- See All Cardiff International Airport
- See All Good value with added wild life!
- Match Days in the City Centre
- Left Luggage facility at Tourist...
- See All Fireworks, fireworks and more...
- See All Cardiff 's Colourful Indoor Market
- Best Stadium in Britain/Planet Earth?
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Have you been to Cardiff?Share Your Travels