Old Towne Grinder & Ice Cream Parlour (CLOSED): "Eat and Drink All-American style" Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Restaurant Tip by marinarena
Orange Restaurants: 42 reviews and 75 photos
If you want the ol' time American experience, come here. Inside, the eaterie is filled with old soda bottles and a few Coca-Cola machines. As for the menu, don't expect the modern-day American fu-fu cuisine here. No fancy gourmet sandwiches with exotic ingredients, no tacos, no nachos, no sushi.
The "grinder" on the menu is a staple here. It is simply a submarine sandwich or "hoagie" with white roll bread and fillings inside. Choose from the classics: roast beef, ham or turkey. Originally, a grinder was a nickname for a dock worker.
If you can't deal with the meaty grinders, there is a vegetarian sandwich available, along with sides like fries and salads.
And everyone can't go wrong here with ice cream. There is a classic variety of flavors: Vanilla, Rocky Road, Mint and Chip and more. To be kind to yourself, a kid's scoop will suffice.
Favorite Dish: Turkey grinder ...not too heavy
Mint and Chip ice cream- delicious and freshens your breath!
Address: 177 North Glassell Street Orange, CA 92866
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Old Town Orange area, close to Chapman College
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (73)
- See All Buy at Bookman
- See All Discover a Very Local Museum: Hilbert
- See All Seek Out Soka Int'l Fest- Aliso Viejo,...
- See All Enjoy Vast Irvine Regional in Orange
- See All Check out Hidden Beauty of a City: Aliso...
- See All Be Aware on Metrolink O.C./I.E Line...
- See All Get Happy at Burlesque Theme District
- See All Krave your Krispy Kreme still...
- See All Tip approx in OC
- See All Beware of Sinister Westminster- well...
- Catch Sports Stars and Stay at a...
Been to Orange?Share your travels with the world!
marinarena's Related Pages
Have you been to Orange?Share Your Travels