"Charlottes ice-cream: it doesn't get better!" Oslo Things to Do Tip by anaiis

Oslo Things to Do: 1,242 reviews and 2,527 photos

You can taste Charlottes ice-cream at some supermarkets, but not all of them have it. I buy it at Meny supermarket at Carl Berners plass. This ice-cream is a small family business, where the ingredients have not travelled long (they get cream and milk locally). It just tastes heaven. I am not really sure the business will last long (they seem to be struggling), so make an effort and try it before it disappears. I think it is very difficult to produce high quality food in Norway. The ingredients are costly, taxes are high and there you have it. A lot of Norwegian food products are STUFFED with sugar, including bread and some yogurts. I have no idea why is that necessary. But Charlottes ice-cream is not stuffed with sugar! It is on the sweet side, but perfectly balanced. It is probably one of the best Norwegian products I have tasted (more about others later). Enjoy it and write me an email, how eternally grateful you are to me for this info. With every spoon consumed, you will be thinking - I am so smart, Ive read this on Virtualtourist and now another thing ticked off on my list of 100 things to do before I die...

Directions: You will find a list of locations, where it is possible to buy this ice-cream at: http://www.charlottesiskrem.no/ and then click on Utsalg (sale points).
Website: http://www.charlottesiskrem.no/

• Updated Sep 12, 2011

Comments

anaiis Lives Here!

anaiis

“Writing is a way of ensuring that you pay enough attention along the way to understand what you see. jeffrey tayler”

Have you been to Oslo?