"The Games are coming!" 2012 Olympic Games Tip by toonsarah

St Pancras Station

St Pancras Station
      Olympic countdown in Trafalgar Square
    by toonsarah

The Olympic Games are coming to London in 2012 and with less than a year to go now excitement is building for sports fans. We were lucky enough to secure tickets for three events in the ballot – beach volleyball, volleyball and cycling. On the day that those of us who had applied heard whether or not we’d been successful, and for what events, there was lots of news coverage and I had my 15 minutes of fame (well, a few seconds at least) when I was interviewed about our success on the BBC’s Evening News – you can watch it here..

Although August 2012 still seems some way off, lately you can’t avoid references to the games wherever you go in the city. In Trafalgar Square a giant clock is counting down to the start of the games, in days, hours, minutes and even seconds. Those arriving in London on the Eurostar trains from the continent are greeted by the huge Olympic rings at St Pancras Station. Various test events are taking place to ensure that venues are completely ready for both competitors and spectators. And in the Olympic Park in east London the new stadium and other facilities are taking shape. It’s going to be very very exciting!

I’ll be sharing the events through these pages once the Games start but for now, like us, you will have to wait ...

Theme: Sports Watching
Website: http://www.london2012.com/

• Written Sep 12, 2011

Comments

toonsarah

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust”

Have you been to London?