Gallaghers Boxty House: "Allergic to this restaurant!!" Gallagher's Boxty House Tip by LLCoolK

Gallagher's Boxty House, Dublin: 28 reviews and 27 photos

Incredibly disappointed. I'm allergic to spinach - a weird one I know, but as soon as I eat it, I get really sick. I said this to my waitress upon ordering. However, my salmon and brown bread starter arrived with a salad garnish including spinach. This was sent back and arrived back out with salad removed. Main course was black pudding salad. Once again this arrived out with spinach, I told the waitress and she took it back to the chef who must have told her to say that the spinach leaf was a form of Rocket - Absolute rubbish, each time she spoke to me, she spoke with a rather loud voice so that all other diners could hear the conversation. I was so embarassed. My friend tasted the "rocket" and yes indeed, it was spinach. I told the waitress that I didn't want to eat it as I get very sick so she said she wouldn't charge me. I'd think not! When my party had paid the bill and were gathering our things, the waitress asked if I'd like a complimentary drink - it was very obvious we were leaving, so no... I didn't want to make the other 5 people sit there and watch me drink! Terrible - will never go again!!!

Address: Right in Temple Bar
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: On the same street as The Morgan hotel, and not far from it (if you're facing the entrance to The Morgan, Gallagher's is to your left a short distance.
Phone: +353 1 6772762
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 1
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.boxtyhouse.ie

• Written Sep 12, 2011

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.