"HR GIGER" Top 5 Page for this destination Gruyères Things to Do Tip by balhannah

Gruyères Things to Do: 65 reviews and 243 photos

I was walking towards the Castle at Gruyeres when I came across some "weird" looking sculptures.
They made me and probably everybody else stop to have a look at these very unusual sculptures.

Now, if you are Swiss, or have seen the film "Alien," then you probably would know HR Giger was the swiss artist who won the Oscar for best visual effects in that film.
I didn't know of him, but I found his work pretty amazing to say the least. I did want to go into the Museum, but price put me off, [I had to choose between Castle and here], so I just peeked through the door, and then did the same at the HR Giger Bar across the other side of the street. The Bar Stools were pretty cool!!
If you do visit the Museum, it has on display the biggest existing collection of HR Giger works, including paintings, sculptures, furnishings, film sets.

Since coming home and reading about this Museum, I see they have a combination ticket.

Combined tickets for the HR Giger Museum and Gruyeres Castle CHF 17

Students: CHF 8.50

Opening hours HR GIGER BAR
Apr ? Oct: opened every day 10 - 8.30pm Mondays closed
Admission Prices

Directions: Located near the Guyeres Castle on the RH Side.
Website: http://www.hrgigermuseum.com/index2.php?option=home

• Updated Nov 14, 2015

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2015 at 9:08 PM

it's a pity you traveled that far and missed the museum, I loved it but I'm a big fan of him anyway

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Nov 14, 2015 at 9:11 PM

I liked what I could see, just that Switzerland was costing us and arm and a leg.

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Have you been to Gruyères?