OC White's: "Great atmosphere BUT food is NEVER cooked properly" O C White's Seafood & Spirits Tip by morankj

As a local - I've been going here for a year years. AMAZING location - but it stops there. Service is hit or miss. Some wait staff truly understands and values giving prompt courteous service (such as the Sunday bartender a young kid who's name I don't recall) - others are just off the charts bad. Food - could be good if they had an actual CHEF. They don't - they have a cook. Big difference. A chef knows how to prepare food. A cook serves food under or over cooked which is what happens every time I visit this place the last year. Potatoes at brunch today were brown on the outside and raw on the inside. It was the exact same thing last weekend. I asked for them to be cooked - the outcome was to put them in the microwave, which subsequently dried them out. Food at a restaurant should NEVER go in a microwave. And, it doesn't matter if it's for dinner or Sunday brunch - food is never cooked properly. It's to the point my check has been comped on three occasions because it's been so bad. And after today - it's not even worth the aggravation. And as I put myself through college waiting tables - I'm very well aware that TIPS = To Insure Prompt Service AND how to properly cook food.

As for the guy who stated he wasn't rushed - that's because his server was MIA.

Address: 118 Avenida Menendez
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: on the waterfront
Phone: (904) 824-0808
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 0
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.ocwhitesrestaurant.com/

• Written Sep 11, 2011

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Saint Augustine?