Sapori di Napoli: "Real Neopolitan pizza comes to Decatur" Decatur Restaurant Tip by rexvaughan

Decatur Restaurants: 36 reviews and 83 photos

One of the brothers and father

One of the brothers and father
    by rexvaughan
      It tastes as good as it looks
    by rexvaughan
      Salad with flat bread fresh from the oven
      The wood fired oven
    by rexvaughan
      They also have a small patio for outdoor dining.
    by rexvaughan

I have never been to Naples, but what I had for lunch here tasted like what I imagine real Neopolitan pizza should be. Well the two owners, Daniele and Ambrogio Florio were born in Naples and raised on the Almafi coast so I am probably right. I like lots of kinds of pizza, but this is some of the best I have eaten. The Saliccia e Funghi has a thin crust with a bit of crunch and is very nicely topped with San Marzano tomatoes, bufala mozzarella, mushrooms and sausage. All nicely blended without any one overpowering the flavors. We started with an insalata mista sapori which is mixed greens, tomato, avocado, black olives, mixed nuts and goat cheese dressed with a balsamic vinegar and oil. Fresh, crisp and tasty.

A bonus is that it is pretty much a bargain as my wife, son and I shared both the salad and the pizza and were well satisfied. So, with soft drinks, we had lunch for 3 for just over $30 including tax and tip.

They also feature several pasta dishes and desserts which look tempting, as well as some panini lunch specials. Will explore the menu further next time.

This is a great addition to downtown Decatur.

Address: 314 Church Street, Decatur GA 30030
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Less than 100 yards south of the Church Street entrance to MARTA.
Phone: 404 371-0001
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian
Website: http://www.saporidinapolipizzeria.com/

• Written Sep 8, 2011

Comments

rexvaughan Lives Here!

rexvaughan

“Travel is fatal to prejudice - Mark Twain”

Have you been to Decatur?