"What smells great is not always what it seems..." Vdara Tip by qlgray12

Vdara, Las Vegas: 14,622 reviews and 13 photos

One of the things that attracted me to the Vdara hotel was the absence of the casino and cigarette smoke associated with them. I was traveling with my daughter so this was definitely a plus! I did not know at the time of booking, but was happy to see the hotel was located OFF THE VEGAS STRIP! Checkin was really easy and went by quickly given we arrived late in the evening. Each day around 11am we did notice quite a few people on a line. I requested an upper floor away from elevators and staircases. The smell of the lobby was just delicious! It was very refreshing and relaxing, especially coming from the smoke filled casinos. I loved it so much I purchased it from the Spa. Concierge was extremely helpful to advise me of a tram that connects to other hotels - Bellagio and Monte Carlo, therefore saving me tons of money on cab rides to the strip when we wanted to do some shopping.

We found our room to be simple, nothing impressive as far as décor. I'm not a fan of exposed metal so this was definitely an eye sore for me. The designer must love it because the room was covered in metal in every CORNER! The phone near the bed was not working and although I called about this upon arrival it was still not working when I left. Not a huge ordeal but when you receive a call and need to walk across the room in the dark to find the phone it could be quite disturbing. It was a little difficult to understand the mechanics of the lights in the room (I think we figured it out by the last evening). We were a little unhappy that we had to turn on the reading lights near the bed to see where we were going because the main lights were operated by a switch in the middle of the room. The switch for the window shades was barely visible given the hotel is only about 18 months old, I'd hate to see what it looks like in twenty four months. I was assessed a resort fee of $20 per day but I am still unsure what this covered given the amenities were no more, and in some instances less, than that of any other hotel. Bungee cording the iron to the ironing board made it quite difficult to iron. If guests are removing the irons from the room I would think they could charge them back for them since all guests must leave a credit card on file. I noticed the absence of a coffee maker, shower caps, and robes - all basic at most hotels. When I called for robes the first evening I did not receive them until the next day when I had to place the call again. Each day I had to call for two extra wash cloths but could never figure out why the room service attendant didn?t just leave four given she removed four each day. That was quite frustrating. On my last day I noticed one of the neatly folded towels was filthy. That was pretty much the last thing I wanted to find and needless to say I was happy the time was over.

I do not plan to stay there again and I would not recommend it to others. There are far too many hotels in the area that would provide better amenities and NO RESORT FEE.

Unique Qualities: So so views of the Luxor and Monte Carlo Hotels. Large pool and a couple small cabana pools that were reserved for those who rent the cabana's. Music was loud and though they catered to club music, not necessarily what eveyrone wants to hear. Can get pretty hot in the sun, even with the umbrella out by the pool. Lobby smelled great! Very refreshing...as if you were walking into a spa.

Address: 2600 W. Harmon Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: +1 702-590-2111
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.vdara.com/

• Written Sep 8, 2011

“Life is too short and Luxury is hard to buy”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Las Vegas?