The Golden Buddha: "Lovely ambience, good food, bargain prices" Decatur Restaurant Tip by rexvaughan

Decatur Restaurants: 36 reviews and 83 photos

The Golden Buddha is something of a local institution. We have lived in this area for 40 years and it was here when we came. Their website says that it fell on hard times several years ago and that the quality of the food diminished greatly. However, the current owner has it right in my opinion. The exterior of the place is pretty mundane but the interior is a delight. The windows are graced by beautiful painted glass, the ceiling with lovely painted mirrors and the two areas of the dining room divided by a very attractive carved filigree wooden archway. Unfortunately, I took some photos with my phone but had inadvertently set it on video, and they are too large to download.

Favorite Dish: You could say the menu is pretty much like Chinese Restaurant menus everywhere, but it is one of the most extensive I have seen. We opted for a special dinner for two: egg rolls, sizzling rice soup, rice, sweet and sour chicken, Mandarin beef, a pot of tea and glazed bananas for dessert. We also shared a small carafe of sake just for atmosphere. The food was delicious and there were mountains of it. And, to my surprise the cost for the two of us was $35 including tax and tip.
It had been a few years since we dined here, but we will be back in the near future.

Address: 1905 Clairmont Road, Decatur , GA 30033
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: 404-633-5252
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Chinese/Dim Sum

• Written Sep 8, 2011

rexvaughan Lives Here!

“Travel is fatal to prejudice - Mark Twain”

Have you been to Decatur?