"Tailor in Bangkok" Moon River Tailors Tip by person147

Moon River Tailors, Bangkok: 11 reviews and 3 photos

After reading so many positive things about Moon River I decided to give them a shot.

I was mainly after some shirts. I have long arms, virtually no neck and a slimish body. My new job requires me to wear ties every day in the office so really needed some shirts that would be comfortable. As I was there I thought I'd try a couple of new suits too.

VJ was exceptionally helpful and had some very good advice. He was clear with pricing and about the quality of the many many bolts of different cloth he had available.

I ended up with 11 shorts and 3 suits. As I was long on time I went back for 3 or 4 fittings to get everything perfect. And everything was perfect! The feeling of the jackets of the suits was amazing the first time I tried them on. They fit like a glove and look excellent! There is lots of shape and really complements the good points and works around the bad points of my body.

The shirts, too, fit perfectly with a flattering look and high quality fabric.

VJ does road show trips across the US and Europe throughout the year so if I am not back in Bangkok again soon, I imagine I will catch him in London for some more delights in future.

I do not know how his prices compare to other tailors in the area as I only went there. However I felt the prices were very fair considering the quality of the finished products.

What to buy: Depends on need.

What to pay: Obviously varies from item to item and the fabricchosen

Address: Outside Asok BST Station in Bangkok
Directions: Sukumvit
Theme: Men's Clothes
Website: http://www.moonriverbyvj.com/index.php

• Written Sep 7, 2011

Ranked Member

Have you been to Bangkok?