"Place de l'Hôtel de Ville - Via Domitia and more." Top 5 Page for this destination Narbonne Tourist Trap Tip by Jerelis
Narbonne Tourist Traps: 3 reviews and 8 photos
Before we decided where we wanted to go during the summer of 2011, of course we did some research on Google about Narbonne. One of the things that intregued me immediately was the fact that there was a section of Via Domitia exposed right at Place de l'Hôtel de Ville, the city centre of this old city. This route that the Romans regularised and paved was ancient when they set out to survey it, so old that it traces the mythic route travelled by Heracles. Hannibal traversed it on his way from Hispania to Italy.
Other places of interest will be found if you just look up to the beautiful facades of the surrounding buildings. Maybe it is a good tip to have a cold refreshment at one of the terraces, sit on a comfortable chair, just look around and enjoy the vibrance of this beautiful spot.
More Tourist Traps in Narbonne (2)
More Reviews (51)
- See All Reading a book!
- See All Complet - full - camping!
- See All No restaurant can top this!
- Travelling with (young) kids.
- See All Swimming with the latest hits.
- See All Massif de la Clape - Oeil Doux.
- Travel light!
- See All Rafting in the Pyrenees - What an...
- See All Le Marché - Tradition under threat?
- See All Camping La Nautique - All necessary...
- See All Les Halles ? Real life in the South of...
Been to Narbonne?Share your travels with the world!
Jerelis' Related Pages
Have you been to Narbonne?Share Your Travels