"Paris Métro - Some useful tips ..." Metro Tip by Jerelis
Metro, Paris: 148 reviews and 210 photos
Here are some useful tips we learned:
If you want to spend some time in Paris, there are left luggage lockers ('Consigne automatique' in French, but signs are also in English) at the Gare du Nord, Gare de Lyon and Gare d'Austerlitz. Expect to have your bags X-rayed before entering the locker area. Small, medium and large size lockers cost 4.50, 7.00 and 9.50 euros for 24 hours. A medium locker will take one backpack or small suitcase, a large locker will take two backpacks or larger suitcases. There are no facilities for leaving bikes, surfboards or skis.
* The metro fare is 1.70 euros per journey;
* Children 0-3 travel free. Children 4-9 (inclusive) travel for 0.85 euro;
* It's cheaper to buy a 'carnet' of 10 tickets for 12.00 euros. You can keep any spare tickets and use them later, even up to a year later. Each ticket is valid for one journey in central Paris on either metro, RER (express metro) or bus.
More Transportation in Paris (2)
More Reviews (41)
- See All All priced under ?10,-
- See All Hiking ? More than 2000 years of...
- See All The excitement of taking someone's...
- See All Palais de Chaillot ? Number of museums.
- See All Disneyland Paris - Well ... what to...
Jerelis' Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels