"Go Animal Style at the zoo by Griffith Park" Top 5 Page for this destination L. A. Zoo & Botanical Gardens Tip by marinarena
L. A. Zoo & Botanical Gardens, Los Angeles: 9 reviews and 24 photos
Beside the "zoo" that is Los Angeles herself, check out the official zoo in the Griffith Park area. In addition to the zoo, there are botanical gardens featured throughout for flora and fauna lovers. Come find the L.A. stars of wild life here- of the primate, ungulate, rodent, marsupial, marine, other mammal variety and more- a few miles away from Hollywood.
Crowds can be expectant at peak times (weekends mainly). Parking gets tight but there is usually space available- and best of all- it's free! If one prefer to take it easy on the feet, there is a zoo tour shuttle that goes all over the park. Riders pay $4, added to the regular admission price.
Hours : 10 AM-5 PM daily. At 4 PM, most animals begin to sleep and cut off for admission occurs.
(as of 2011. Rates and fees are subject to change, of course.)
Adults (ages 13 - up)-$14
Seniors (age 62 and up)-$11
Children (ages 2 to 12)-$9
Children (under 2)-Free
Use MTA Route 96, zoo entrance is a short 5 min +- walk from bus stop
Address: 5333 Zoo Drive, Los Angeles, 90027
Directions: By Griffith Park, Off the 5 and 134 fwys
Directions from various areas are on the zoo's website.
More Things to Do in Los Angeles (37)
More Reviews (186)
- See All If you seek IKEA,Go Just Outside L.A.
- See All Go For Primero L.A. Taco Real
- See All Try Tasteful,Trendy Eateries at 7th &...
- See All Don't Get Caught on the 110/ 10 Express...
- See All (Re)Discover Historic Shrine
- See All Bike a Delicious Meal Off Free Here by...
- See All Discover Little Lithuania
- See All Get your Talk Radio, Traffic...
- See All Pack Patience in or along busy Fairfax
- See All Don't Get "Lost" in Hawaiian Gardens!...
- See All OK to stay if ... (Inglewood)
- See All Wear Shades and Sunscreen
marinarena's Related Pages
Have you been to Los Angeles?Share Your Travels