"Going to South India?" State of Kerala Favorite Tip by Liatris1
State of Kerala Favorites: 51 reviews and 38 photos
Favorite thing: House Boat in the Backwaters
I've been to North and South India and loved both for different reasons. I've never been to the North East states, just as far as Darjeeling, wich I really enjoyed.
Reasons for going to Kerala in South India:
* The Backwaters, Houseboat - Where: Kochi and Allaphuza in Kerala.
* Beaches - Where: Varkala and more.
* Western Ghats (Hills), Tea plantations - Where: Munnar.
* Ayurvedic massage - Where: Kerala (Varkala, Kochi and many more).
* Different food and atmosphere from North India.
Reason for not going to the South in late October:
* North East Monsoon/Retreating southwest Monsoon Season. When: Late October-December. Where: Mostly Tamil Nadu and Andhra coast.
I wish you a happy journey to India!
Fondest memory: Houseboat in the Backwaters - relaxing in a wicker chair on a house boat looking at the scenery as you floating by is a real treat!
More Favorites in State of Kerala (1)
More Reviews (1)
Liatris1's Related Pages
Explore the World
Have you been to State of Kerala?Share Your Travels
Top State of Kerala hotels
- Munnar Hotels
- 133 Reviews - 336 Photos
- Kovalam Hotels
- 152 Reviews - 335 Photos
- Kochi Hotels
- 424 Reviews - 982 Photos
- Thiruvananthapuram Hotels
- 233 Reviews - 504 Photos
- Alappuzha Hotels
- 67 Reviews - 302 Photos
- Calicut Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 37 Photos
- Irinjalakuda Hotels
- 1 Review
- Ernakulam Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 14 Photos
- Cannanore Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 35 Photos
- Varkkala Hotels
- 17 Reviews - 91 Photos
- Trichur Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 1 Photo
- Quilon Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 149 Photos
- Periyar Sanctuary Hotels
- 50 Reviews - 119 Photos