Draper's Arms - Wetherspoon's: "A Wetherspoon's in Peterborough" Top 5 Page for this destination Peterborough Restaurant Tip by Airpunk

Peterborough Restaurants: 17 reviews and 16 photos

Draper's Arms
by Airpunk

Here, we have another Wetherspoon pub: Cheap and cheerful, conveniently located and with some lack of own character. The selection of ales is not bad for such a place and the staff was really friendly. The pasta dish was good (can't remember exactly what it was, I just remember that I haven't seen it on any other Wetherspoon menu). And it was open until late at night ? a good place to wait for your train as the station is just five minutes away. The building is from the 19th century and the location was used as a carpet and curtains shop for many years. However, it remains just a Wetherspoon pub. It's not a place where you should expect any kind of new pub experience, just a place to get a cheap pint and a meal until late at night in the well-known quality you know from the rest of the UK.

P.S.: In this place, I had my only ever power blackout in the UK. Congratulations guys! For a couple of minutes I felt like in the place of my childhood: Caracas, Venezuela!

Address: 29-31 Cowgate, Peterborough PE1 1LZ
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Right between the train station and the pedestrian zone around the Cathedral
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Website: http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-drapers-arms

• Written Jul 13, 2011

“When I have money, I spend it for travelling. If I still have some, I spend it for food and clothing...”

Have you been to Peterborough?