"Las Vegas, NV" Places to Avoid Tip by tigger33
Places to Avoid, Las Vegas: 31 reviews and 8 photos
I honestly don't think the Las Vegas strip or Freemont street area is any more dangerous than any other tourist area/city. Any tourist who is not vigilant and does not take care to avoid dark alleys or walk around an unfamiliar place without a group is not being smart.
1. Strip visitors who wish to experience the Freemont street experience or downtown during daylight or evening hours should take the very inexpensive transit system. It's easier on your feet and safer.
2. Strip visitors should know that they are obviously tourists and avoid places where they can be taken advantage of. They become a target automatically when they step out of populated areas.
3. Strip visitors should not explore the city alone. You are a visitor and, therefore, an obvious and easy target for criminals who see you as prey.
4. Visitors who plan to get drunk should do so in their own hotel. It may save your life or the life of another and will prevent you from being taken advantage of.
5. AND MOST IMPORTANT, please respect those who live and work in Vegas while you visit. We are human beings. Please enjoy our city with respect. There are almost 2, 000, 000 of us. Our children attend schools here. One street houses the playland of the country, touted as "sin city," but the remaining portion of our city is vastly comparable to every other city in our country.
Conclusion -- Please visit. Please think and act safely while here. :-)
Address: Las Vegas
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels