"A new hotel visit in Marylebone" The Montcalm Hotel Nikko London Tip by sandso

The Montcalm Hotel Nikko London, London: 1,381 reviews and 0 photos

Visited this hotel in early May this year, and while we had a decent room, there was a practice that I found unusual. As we checked in, I was asked to provide a credit card; a normal practice to cover charges and to insure they will get paid! What was unusual and unexpected, was that the front desk proceeded to charge the entire stay in advance. What I found odd was that they could have taken a card imprint or authorization from the card company and that would protect them. My negative reaction was twofold: either the hotel has a cash flow problem, or the hotel didn?t believe I was trustworthy. Either one is a bit troubling; and makes you feel anything but a welcome guest. The hotel probably doesn?t realize that if you have an open account (i.e. one not yet settled), you are more likely to charge additional hotel services (bar, food and any other amenities that the hotel wishes to sell). With a fully settled bill and a newly found desire to have a speedy checkout, I consciously avoided the ?extras?.

Address: 34-40 Great Cumberland Place, London, W1H 7TW, United Kingdom
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +44 20 7958 3200
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.montcalm.co.uk/

• Written Jul 5, 2011

Comments

sandso

“No going home 'til next trip planned”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.