Marco Polo Ristorante: "Between Rialto Bridge & Piazza San Marco" Venice Restaurant Tip by starship

Venice Restaurants: 780 reviews and 972 photos

Charming Interior ~ Marco Polo Ristorante

Charming Interior ~ Marco Polo Ristorante
      Marco Polo Ristorante's Sidewalk Tables
      Pizza al funghi
      Beautiful, Shuttered Windows & Sign ~ Marco Polo
      Delicious Pizza with Proscuitto
    by starship

For a charming place to eat on your way to or from the Rialto Bridge or the Piazza San Marco, give the "Marco Polo Ristorante" a try. This very nice little restaurant has not only a charming interior, but some nice sidewalk tables where you can dine al fresco.

We had a late lunch here on our first full day in Venice and we were very satisfied with our meal choices which included a delicious pizza with mushrooms which my husband & I shared, a prosciutto pizza for my daughter and a pasta dish for my son with a large bottle of water, etc. Proportions and quality of the food were excellent! I love thin crust pizzas with just a little sauce and this suited me perfectly.

In my opinion, prices are very high in Venice for virtually everything, and I considered the prices at the Marco Polo no exception. While I don't expect everything to be the same as home, I do look for value for money. The pizzas were between $10 & $20 each in US dollars and the pasta dish the same I believe, yet with no bread or rolls, or salad included. Even so, I most definitely would eat here once again.

Favorite Dish: As much as we enjoyed eating outside, I found that the interior ambiance of this restaurant really appealed to me as well, and should we be so fortunate as to visit Venice again, I would love to dine here but perhaps inside!

I would be tempted to have another of their delicious pizzas, but I would definitely try a pasta dish here too.

Address: Salizzada S. Lio, #5571, Venice
Comparison: about average
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated Jul 17, 2011

Comments

starship

“Any day spent traveling is a good day!”

Have you been to Venice?