Bellavista: "View!!" Bellavista Tip by german_eagle

terrace of restaurant Bellavista
      restaurant Bellavista, interior
      Restaurant Bellavista
    by german_eagle

On a previous trip to Prague (in March) I had walked by this restaurant but the terrace with the view was closed and so I chose the nearby microbrewery. This time, on a business day trip, the business partners probably wanted to impress us with a fancy restaurant for lunch and dragged us to this place.

The setting is not to beat - the views are gorgeous: The guestrooms and the kitchen are located in the buildings of the Abbey Strahov and the terrace offers perfect views of the castle to the left, lesser town (Mala Strana) down at the foot of the gardens in the middle, Petrin hill to the right. Whoa.

The food and service were disappointing, though. Service was *slow* with an exclamation mark. The staff seemed to be preoccupied with themselves but didn't care much about the guests. I ordered traditional Czech food, Svičková (roast beef) with smetana (creamy sauce) and knedlicky (dumplings). It was mediocre - the beef dry, the sauce almost cold and tasteless. I skipped dessert as the service was so slow. My co-worker was also disappointed. Our Czech hosts had ordered some Italian dishes which were apparently of better quality, judging from their happy faces.

Would I've had to grab the check my jaw probably would have hit the floor. Really expensive. You pay for the view.

Opening hours
Monday - Sunday: 11:00 - 24:00

Address: Strahovské nádvoří 1, Praha 1, 110 00
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: + 420 220 517 274