"Lloyd's of London" Lloyds Building Tip by Dabs

Lloyds Building, London: 16 reviews and 32 photos

Lloyd's of London
by Dabs

The 1st thing I think of when I think of Lloyd's of London is oddly David Lee Roth (the original lead singer of Van Halen), the 1st time I ever heard of them was in conjunction with the unusual coverage he took out, paternity coverage. Now there's a policy I wouldn't underwrite, one can just imagine how many groupies were treated to his "erotic gherkin"! Lloyd's also provides coverage to many celebrities legs, breasts, voices and whatever else makes or breaks their careers.

The Lloyd's building in London is equally as controversial as their unusual policies. It was designed by Richard Rogers and was completed in 1986. The building has all of its innards on the outside of the building-staircases, elevators, water pipes, and electrical conduit, it reminds me a lot of the refinery in my town, not something that I would aspire to have my building look like. Unlike the erotic gherkin or city hall, modern buildings that I think look kind of cool, I just shake my head every time I pass by this one.

Address: 1 Lime Street, city of London

• Updated Jun 13, 2011

Comments

Dabs Visits Here Frequently!

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to London?