"Lloyd's of London" Lloyds Building Tip by Dabs
Lloyds Building, London: 16 reviews and 32 photos
The 1st thing I think of when I think of Lloyd's of London is oddly David Lee Roth (the original lead singer of Van Halen), the 1st time I ever heard of them was in conjunction with the unusual coverage he took out, paternity coverage. Now there's a policy I wouldn't underwrite, one can just imagine how many groupies were treated to his "erotic gherkin"! Lloyd's also provides coverage to many celebrities legs, breasts, voices and whatever else makes or breaks their careers.
The Lloyd's building in London is equally as controversial as their unusual policies. It was designed by Richard Rogers and was completed in 1986. The building has all of its innards on the outside of the building-staircases, elevators, water pipes, and electrical conduit, it reminds me a lot of the refinery in my town, not something that I would aspire to have my building look like. Unlike the erotic gherkin or city hall, modern buildings that I think look kind of cool, I just shake my head every time I pass by this one.
Address: 1 Lime Street, city of London
More Reviews (224)
- See All Burgers in Earl's Court
- See All Earl's Court boutique hotel
- See All Itinerary for a 1st visit to London
- See All Visitor Oyster Card
- See All Old Operating Theatre
- See All Old fashioned sweet shop
- See All Getting to the cruise docks at...
- See All Long running theater-who dunnit
- See All Tube etiquette
- See All Tube closures
- See All Rugby at Twickenham
- Nothing out of the ordinary
Dabs' Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels