Hotel DeNiro: "Hotel near the city center" Bitola Hotel Tip by Dabs

Bitola Hotels: 31 reviews and 77 photos

Hotel DeNiro is actually two different hotels, we stayed at the one listed as hotel 2 on their website that has 10 rooms with a double and twin (sleeps 3) and 3 rooms with one bed. We only stayed here for 1 night and the hotel was fine for 1 night but I had a few minor complaints about the hotel, none of which were so terrible that I wouldn't recommend someone staying here but all worth a mention.

First, there was the shower. There was a shower base constructed and a hand held shower device that you could mount on the wall but there was no shower curtain or glass enclosure and the bathroom ended up soaked, even if you used it as a handheld shower. There was a drain in the middle of the bathroom floor so eventually the water went somewhere.

Then there was the checkout, they said we could use a credit card but when I went to pay, the clerk, who spoke very limited English, wasn't there, he was at hotel #1. When had did come back he said I would have to go to hotel #1 if I wanted to pay with a credit card and then asked for my passports back. I paid in cash so we could make our bus on time.

Breakfast was a ham, cucumber, tomato sandwich that the clerk was lugging in a plastic bag back and forth between the two hotels. Other people who paid the same amount as us had full breakfast buffets with their room rates.

Unique Qualities: The bedroom itself was nice, there was a double bed and a twin bed (sleeps 3) which were all a bit hard but that seems to be common in Macedonia and in Bulgaria where we went after Macedonia. The room was clean and quite large. The hotel that we stayed in wasn't marked very well but I'm guessing they normally check you in at hotel #1 and then bring you to #2. Hotel #2 was located on a small street just off the main street in town, there was no street noise except for the church bells that started pealing at 7am.

Besides the shower issue in the bathroom, the bathroom was fine. Toiletries were only bar soap and packets of shampoo, if there was a hair dryer, I never found it.

Address: ul. Kiril i Metodij br. 5
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +389 47 229 656
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotel-deniro.com/

• Updated Jun 7, 2011

Comments

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Bitola?