"Independence Square" Merdeka Square Tip by machomikemd
Merdeka Square, Kuala Lumpur: 80 reviews and 141 photos
the Independence Square of Malaysia wherein in 1957 this was the place that marked the independence of Malaysia from colonial rule on 31 August 1957.
It is here that the Union Jack was lowered and replaced with the flag of Malaysia. The Merdeka Square is beside the royal selangor club and the field where the square is located was appropriated from the Royal Selangor Club by the ferderal government of Malaysia. This Square continues to be a venue where many events are held. The National Day celebrations and New Year countdown are among the events that are held here. Beneath the square is Plaza Putra where you will be able to find food and entertainment. The Main Attraction here besides the large LCD screen is the 100 metres flag pole which is reputed to be the tallest in the world.
Address: Jalan Raja, Kuala Lumpur 50050
Directions: PUTRA Kelana Jaya Line, STAR Ampang Line or STAR Sri Petaling Line LRT and alight at Masjid Jamek station.
Phone: (603) 2615 8188
More Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur (55)
More Reviews (95)
- See All KL Hop On Hop Off Bus
- Batu Caves: Dark Cave Tour
- See All Malaysia is a Conservative Muslim Nation
- See All List of Dont's at Dataran Merdeka
- See All Day Tours to Melaka: A' Famosa Fortress
- See All Belgian Beers, Cafe and Restaurant
- See All Famous Bubble Tea Brand Popular in...
- See All Luxe Department Store Chain of Malaysia
- See All Smoking Area of KLIA
- See All KLIA International Departures
- See All Bring Light Colored Clothes and Umbrella
- See All Excellent Hotel in Bandar Sunway
machomikemd's Related Pages
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels