"Moorish Architecture" Sultan Abdul Samad Building Tip by machomikemd
Sultan Abdul Samad Building, Kuala Lumpur: 57 reviews and 93 photos
the grand Architecture of the Sultan Abdul Samad Buidling Rises prominently along the Dataran Merdeka and Royal Selangor Club areas Here in the Old Kuala Lumpur City Center Colonial District.
This Huge Building comples was designed by a famous english architect named A.C. Norman. The construction of this grand building started in 1894 and was completed in 1897. Its architecture was built using Moorish architecture which makes it stand up among all the other buildings in the vicinity. This building is named after Sultan of Selangor who reigned from 1857 to 1898. The building houses the offices of the Ministry of Information, Communications and Culture of Malaysia. In front of the building is the Dataran Merdeka (or Merdeka Square). It was here, the Union Jack flag was lowered and the Malayan flag hoisted for the first time at midnight on August 31, 1957.
Address: Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Directions: Take the LRT and alight at Masjid Jamek station. This building is 10 minutes walk from the station.
Phone: +60 1-300-88-5050
More Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur (55)
More Reviews (95)
- See All KL Hop On Hop Off Bus
- Batu Caves: Dark Cave Tour
- See All Malaysia is a Conservative Muslim Nation
- See All List of Dont's at Dataran Merdeka
- See All Day Tours to Melaka: A' Famosa Fortress
- See All Belgian Beers, Cafe and Restaurant
- See All Famous Bubble Tea Brand Popular in...
- See All Luxe Department Store Chain of Malaysia
- See All Smoking Area of KLIA
- See All KLIA International Departures
- See All Bring Light Colored Clothes and Umbrella
- See All Excellent Hotel in Bandar Sunway
machomikemd's Related Pages
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels