"Tugu Negara: A Tribute to Malaysians (2)" National Monument - Tugu Negara Tip by machomikemd
National Monument - Tugu Negara, Kuala Lumpur: 32 reviews and 61 photos
part two of my National Monument Tips with more pictures.
It was built to honor the War dead of World War I and II and the Malaysian Emergency of 1948 to 60 (the communist insurgency) and it is also known by it's Bahasa Malaysian Name of Tugu Negara. The National Monument is located in the Lake Gardens area of Kuala Lumpur and nearby areas are the Asean Garden, Parliament Building and the National Mosque and other areas of attractions. At the mass scupture's base there is a listing of the names of the units who fought the insurgency, including British, Australian, Fijian, Maori and Malay troops.
The monument is 15.4 meter tall and comprises seven bronze statues plus the seven men from the Malaysian Armed Forces holding the national flag are portrayed, each symbolising one of seven qualities: leadership, unity, strength, vigilance, suffering, courage and sacrifice. Almost all day city tours of the Kuala Lumpur area stop by here and my tour guide told me that the Sculptor of the monument is the same one who sculpted the famous US Marine Memorial of Iwo Jima in Virginia, USA.
the ?last post? is sounded every Saturday from 6.00 p.m.to 6.10 p.m. (except on public holidays).
Address: Jalan Parlimen, Kuala Lumpur
Directions: Jalan Parlimen, Kuala Lumpur Wilayah Persekutuan, 50050, Malaysia
More Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur (55)
More Reviews (95)
- See All KL Hop On Hop Off Bus
- Batu Caves: Dark Cave Tour
- See All Malaysia is a Conservative Muslim Nation
- See All List of Dont's at Dataran Merdeka
- See All Day Tours to Melaka: A' Famosa Fortress
- See All Belgian Beers, Cafe and Restaurant
- See All Famous Bubble Tea Brand Popular in...
- See All Luxe Department Store Chain of Malaysia
- See All Smoking Area of KLIA
- See All KLIA International Departures
- See All Bring Light Colored Clothes and Umbrella
- See All Excellent Hotel in Bandar Sunway
machomikemd's Related Pages
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels