50's Rock: "Diner dishes and milkshakes too" Salamanca Restaurant Tip by DSwede

Salamanca Restaurants: 30 reviews and 30 photos

Milkshakes and diners
by DSwede

Set to be an old 50's style American diner, this place has a style not conforming to the Spanish norm. The inside has lots of old time photos, old record LP covers, some life-size reliefs of Elvis the King, etc. The chairs even have those cherry red vinyl covers found in the old diners.

But what is a bit out of place is the fact that the music played both on the speakers and on the large TV's is that of modern pop and hip-hop. Thankfully its not very loud, so you can just ignore it.

When I was writing this tip, I wanted to confirm the address and yet I could not for the life of me find it in the Google street-views. Then I realized that it was (until recently) a Pans & Company. They even kept the old black and white tile floor that could be seen in the Google photos. So I apologize if this restaurant has the same fate and does not stand the test of time.

Favorite Dish: The diner has lots of burgers and combination platters. They do not appear to by anything particularly noteworthy.

We came here for the milkshakes. Milkshakes are not that common in Spain, but thankfully this place give it an honest try. They may sit on the blender for a few seconds too long so are not as thick as back home, but they still taste the same. Ask them to leave it thicker and you should do alright.

Address: C/ de Rua Mayor, 26
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Half way between the Plaza Mayor and the old University on C/ de Rua Mayor.
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 3
Theme: American

• Written May 10, 2011

Comments

DSwede

“What I lack in experience, I make up for in curiosity”

Have you been to Salamanca?