"Good place, right in the middle of the party zone" Riverhouse Hotel Tip by Airpunk

Riverhouse Hotel, Dublin: 307 reviews and 4 photos

River House Hotel
      River House Hotel
      My bed in the River House
    by Airpunk

The first time I went to Dublin, I booked a room in the River House Hotel. The offer I got was only little more than a dorm bed in a Dublin hostel. And it was for St. Patrick?s Day ? the luck of the Irish! But even if you are not that lucky, there are chances that you will get a good deal, if you book ahead. The stay was great and I enjoyed being so close to a party and pub zone. The breakfast was included, nothing spectacular, but just fine. I tried to book it again when I returned to Dublin for the second time, but I knew that I was far too late. So the luck of the Irish left me and I needed to look for a place which still had affordable fees. Anyway, I would recommend it to anyone who wants a safe, clean and affordable place with basic comfort in a nightlife zone like Temple Bar.

The big hotel is no more and no less than an average guest house in a 19th century building. However, with its location right in the centre of Temple bar, it has a great advantage over many other places in Dublin. A further advantage is the connection to a pub. You can get from your room into neighbouring ?Mezz? music club without needing to leave the building. In the rear parts of the building (can?t say anything about the front part, as my room was in the rear), you won?t hear any noise from the pub. There is little noise from the street however. But that should be no problem if you are a good sleeper or arrive from a night out in Dublin yourself. Breakfast is Full Irish (without the Guinness) and is served in a simple, but functional room. The rooms were clean, but without an eye for detail. Some of the furniture as well as the radio alarm clock had large paint stains from the last renovation on it.

Address: 23 - 24 Eustace Street, Temple Bar Dublin 2, Dublin, County Dublin, 2, Ireland
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: In the middle of Temple bar, more or less between Ha'Penny Bridge and Dame Street
Phone: 35-316-707-655
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.riverhousehotel.com/

• Written May 8, 2011

“When I have money, I spend it for travelling. If I still have some, I spend it for food and clothing...”

Have you been to Dublin?