"Best Afternoon Tea Ever" Matahari Cottage Bed and Breakfast Tip by Daihappydai

Indian Pasha room at Matahari Cottages, Ubud
      Gardens at Matahari Cottages, Ubud
      Another theme room at Matahari Cottages, Ubud
    by Daihappydai

Matahari Cottage is a great little place to stay very close to the heart of the Ubud shopping district. There are eight rooms, all furnished according to a different theme. I stayed in the Indian Pasha room - beautifully decorated, clean and very comfortable. It is not a 4 or 5 star place in terms of facilities but in terms of service and friendliness it is 5 ++. There is a quaint little bathing pool set overlooking a jungle valley that is just right for relaxing in and enjoying the sounds of nature after walking the streets of Ubud. When I stayed in January 2011, they were just beginning work on a swimming pool - while a large pool will add to the attraction, I certainly hope they don't change the place too much. I would go back and stay there any day just as it is now. Have a look at their website to view the room options. Definitely one of the best places I have stayed in in Bali.

Unique Qualities: Two things stand out: The afternoon tea is truly incredible - a huge array of fresh savories and cakes, all baked on the premises. It is a meal in itself, and can be taken any time between 2 and 5. This comes free with your accommodation. The second is the staff - I can't think of another place where I have stayed where the staff have been so friendly, so welcoming and so helpful. I needed to visit a local clinic due to an infection - no problem, the staff drove me, and waited for me, and expected nothing in return.

Address: Jl. Jembawan, Ubud, 80571, Indonesia