"Those down and out:(" Top 5 Page for this destination People / The Homeless Tip by Yaqui

People / The Homeless, Santa Monica: 9 reviews and 4 photos

We all know there is way too many homeless folks nowdays and the beaches seems to the only area they are allowed to hangout and sleep. We were not approach one time for anything. Seems folks around here just want to leave you alone so you leave them alone. There are exceptions to those who might suffer from mental illness. Now, having a mental illness does not mean they are going to hurt you. If fact 99% are harmless. We did encounter a gentleman roaming the parking lots speaking very loudly to himself using colorful "Metaphors" as Spock would say. At one point I thought they were aimed at us, but when he thought we were not paying attention to him, he went the other way. I will tell you being a mother of a special needs child this breaks my heart. Way too many folks with special needs should NOT be on the streets by themselves or not even looked at. I am going to do whatever it takes to make sure that never happens to my son.

Website: http://www01.smgov.net/hsd/services/1homelessnews.htm

• Updated Sep 16, 2013

More Warnings and Dangers in Santa Monica (1)

Comments

Yaqui Visits Here Frequently!

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Have you been to Santa Monica?