Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville: "Always a Fun Time" Isla Cozumel Restaurant Tip by cjg1

Isla Cozumel Restaurants: 68 reviews and 89 photos

Liz enjoying Margaritaville (April 2011)
by cjg1

Liz enjoying Margaritaville (April 2011)
      Cheese, Mushroom & Seadood dip
      My Big Rita
      Big Rita in Souvenir Glass
      Our Silly Pic
    by cjg1

If there is a Margaritaville...we will find it. A few years back we went to our first Margaritaville in Grand Turk and ever since then we make it a stop during our travels. Our cruise took us to Cozumel and low and behold they had a Margaritaville....

We decided to make Margaritaville our last stop of the day before heading back to the ship. The place is huge with a large gift shop, bar area, inside dining room, oudoor dining area and a large water trampoline. As always Margaritaville is packed full of people; yes it is a tourist place but I don't care. We decided to have a seat outside and the host found us a nice table with a water view.

We know the menu like the back of our hands but always peruse it to see if their are any different items for this particular location. We decided to both have frozen Big Ritas to drink along with some seafood cheese dip as a snack. We enjoy the large Big Ritas especially because of the souvenir glass. There is nothing better than a frosty margarita with a beautiful water view....ah....

While we waited for our appetizer a woman dressed as a pirate/clown came over and made us balloon accessories. She made a balloon parrot for me and tied him to my shoulder. My wife wound up with an elaborate ballon hate complete with flower. A photographer came by and took a picture of us in the height of our silliness (Hey if you can't laugh at yourself and with each other then what's the pint in life...). My wife wound up purchasing the pic along with a souvenir frame for it.

Our appetizer arrived soon after bubbling hot. The cheese dip was a variety of cheeses, mushrooms, crab and shrimp with toasted chunks of bread for dipping. I loved the dip. It was quite nice with large chunks of shrimp, crab and mushrooms throughout. Will definitely get this again.

The atmosphere here is definitely fun with good music playing and staff dancing around having a good time as well. I have never had a bad time at a Margaritaville or been dissapointed in the food or drinks....probably why I keep returning to them through my travels.

Comparison: about average
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: American

• Updated May 2, 2011

Comments

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to Isla Cozumel?