"Great location" Hotel Los Patios Tip by hawkhead

Hotel Los Patios, Córdoba: 391 reviews and 0 photos

Right opposite the entrance to the Mezquita. Friendly and helpful reception. I had requested a room looking out onto the Mezquita and was given a room with this fabulous view. Rooms are small and basic but clean. Internet is advertised as being free throughout the hotel but there is a computer in the area for which there is an hourly charge - however, having my own computer seemed to cause all sorts of confusion but eventually I was given a password and not charged. However, it transpired that the password only lasts for a day and I simply couldn't face the hassle of obtaining a new password every day, especially as I need to log on first thing in the morning and this would entail dressing before going to reception. Only there for two days, so it wasn't the problem it could be for a longer stay. We only ate in the hotel once - our first evening. Very surly service. While things weren't exactly thrown at us, our glasses of wine had a definite bow wave upon delivery. Food is expensive for what is delivered. And cold. We were not permitted to eat anywhere but in the outer courtyard and it was very cold until we persuaded the waiter to ignite the overhead heater. Everywhere was being whitewashed, which meant that the smell was everywhere. Not pleasant. We felt that this could have been done earlier in the season. The courtyard would be a nice place to eat in July and August but in March it is rather dismal, the tables are not arranged nicely and we felt that the addition of candles on each table at night would make it much more welcoming. We had booked through booking.com and when we came to check out, instead of being billed in Euros, our bill had been converted to £ - it would have been nice to have been asked if we wanted this to be done.

Unique Qualities: Rooms 201 and 202 have wonderful views across to the Mezquita.

Address: C/ Cardenal Herrero, 14, Cordoba, 14003, Spain
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Right opposite the entrance to the Mezquita.
Phone: +34 957 47 83 40