"Vocabulary for the..." FLORIDA: Facts and Figures... Tip by FloridaGirl
FLORIDA: Facts and Figures..., Orlando: 2 reviews and 1 photos
Vocabulary for the uninitiated:
1) Casper - a milky-white tourist, before they cook themselves purple trying to get a tan.
2) Cracker - a real live floridian from north florida that lives in the sticks.
3) Hey ya'll! - salutations to your friends.
4) Later gator - a perennial goodbye in the Sunshine State. (Gator is short for alligator.)
5) Snow Birds - Northeners who come to Florida in the wintertime.
Don't get me wrong, we like our tourists, I's jus' funnin' is all. (Translation: Take these tips with a grain of salt.)
More Local Customs in Orlando (1)
More Reviews (16)
- See All Kelly Park -...
- Any merchandise bought at any...
- A lot of the European travel...
- In Orlando, There are the...
- See All Visit Universal Studios,...
FloridaGirl's Related Pages
Have you been to Orlando?Share Your Travels