"Call Them "Streetcars", not "Trolleys"" New Orleans Local Custom Tip by atufft
New Orleans Local Customs: 176 reviews and 205 photos
New Orleans residents recognize the although their electrified railcars are not unique, and are referred to as trolleys most everywhere else in the world, they are still called "streetcars", not trolleys, in New Orleans. The fact that New Orleans streetcars often have dedicated rail paths, and so aren't always on the street per se, or the fact that they are not really cars, is irrelevant to the proper NOLA jargon for these vehicles. Call them streetcars!
More Local Customs in New Orleans (5)
More Reviews (35)
- See All St. Charles Line Streetcar Barn
- See All Creole Versus Cajun
- See All Munson's Swamp Tours
- See All Breakfast Beignets & Chicory Coffee to...
- See All Zydeco on Bourbon Street
atufft's Related Pages
Have you been to New Orleans?Share Your Travels