Tavern and Bar Agros Village: "The ruddest manners ever!" Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos Restaurant Tip by greekcypriot

Troodos Restaurants: 9 reviews and 22 photos

Grilled Mushrooms at Agros restaurant
      Grilled Mushrooms at Agros restaurant
      Lamp chops at Agros Restaurant
    by greekcypriot

I was brought to this Tavern and Bar Restaurant in the village of Agros by a friend of mine. We came here from a nearby village since all the other taverns were closed.

The interior décor of the café-restaurant is nice and cozy, a pleasant atmosphere with a big selection of wines on one of the walls just behind where we were sitting. The TV set was a bit loud but we asked the man and turned the volume down.
We did not want to eat much that evening, and we ordered a portion of grilled mushrooms for me, one portion of lamp chops for my friend, a green salad, and a bottle of red wine.

Everything fine up to the moment when the food is brought to us. I understood that it could not be such a huge portion for one person and I asked my friend how many portions of lamp chops had I ordered. He answered ?.just one, so we ask the owner to tell us if the dish was for two or one person.
He sounded so rude and got angry with us because since we were two he said he thought that we would want 2 portions. We reply that we just want one so he can take it back. He got furious, and in a very rude manner he tells us to eat as much as we wish and he will not count more than one portion.
The whole atmosphere changed immediately and we got so upset. We did not want to sit a single minute out there, but we left as soon as we finished our dinner.
Very rude ?a churl! Don?t eat what you are brought if you are not sure what you are going to pay. This can surely be a trick. We paid 30 euros but we refused to have the extra lamp chops! I would recommend the restaurant only if all other restaurants are closed.

Address: Agros village
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: + 357 25 521558, 99793801
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 2
Theme: Autogrill/Rest Stop

• Updated Apr 2, 2011

greekcypriot Visits Here Frequently!

“Live Everyday Like Your Last”

Have you been to Troodos?