"Do You Like Ice Fishing?" Angle Inlet Things to Do Tip by riorich55

Lake of the Woods
      Some of our Delivery on the Boat
      One of the Islands we Made a Delivery to
    by riorich55

Several years ago I had the opportunity to go on a business trip up to Warroad, Minnesota where my former company, Pepsi, had a small distribution facility. I was there for about 10 days helping them convert over to new handheld computers for the sales staff and beverage drivers. After a couple of days there the manager asked if I would like to take a ride and make a delivery to the islands. Since there wasn't much for me to do while the salesmen and driver's were going about their daily business I readily agreed.

And it turned out to be an interesting trip. It was probably about a 60 mile or so journey up to Angle Inlet, Minnesota. After leaving Warroad we traveled about 6 miles to the Canadian border where we had to go through customs. We then traveled on some paved roads and then turned off onto some Indian land and started driving through some deeply forested areas. At one point the road took us back into the United States and we had to stop and make a phone call to let someone know who we were and that we were coming back into the U.S.

Anyway to make this story short. We got to Angle Inlet, unloaded several cases of soda and some CO 2 containers onto a boat and proceeded to make delivery to 2 different fishing resorts on 2 different small islands on Lake of the Woods.

One of the interesting sidelights of the trip was when they showed me an ice fishing house (it was early November a little too early to start ice fishing) that slept 8. WOW for a non fisherman and non hunter I never realized they were so huge.

• Written Apr 1, 2011

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Have you been to Angle Inlet?