"Trooditissa Monastery" Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos Things to Do Tip by greekcypriot
Troodos Things to Do: 37 reviews and 75 photos
This Monastery is situated on the southern slopes of the Troodos Mountains, and it is an Orthodox Monastery dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
It was found in 990, but the current building dates back to 1731. The icon of the monastery of Virgin Mary is believed to be painted by Apostle Luke.
Famous for its woodcarvings and many icons, this monastery is built in an altitude of 1.500 metres and it is very close to Platres.
I visited it in November whith some friends when I was spending a couple of days in the beautiful village of Kalopanagiotis.
Note: I just saw a photo I had taken from a sign on the door post saying that they cannot accept tourists....but it is still interesting to see it from a distance. It is in lush vegetation and very beautiful.
More Reviews (47)
- See All Homely feeling, Excellent Value!
- See All Divine Tastes, Highly recommended!
- See All Kalopanayiotis village for its SPA...
- Be careful when driving a scooter!
- See All Horse Riding in the Troodos Square
- See All Pharmacies and drug stores!
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Have you been to Troodos?Share Your Travels