"Machairas Monastery" Top 5 Page for this destination Troodos Things to Do Tip by greekcypriot
Troodos Things to Do: 42 reviews and 99 photos
A historic monastery dedicated to the Virgin Mary and is located about 40 kms from Nicosia.
The interior of the church is decorated with religious icons, chandeliers, stone floors and wall frescoes.
Currently there are 20 to 30 orthodox monks here.
I have visited it recently but after many years there were so many changes in the buildings and the surround area that I could not tell where I was. It is beautiful anyhow, and worth visiting while up on the mountains.
More Things to Do in Troodos (16)
More Reviews (48)
- See All A Lovely Hotel Steeped in History!
- See All Troodos in Winter!
- See All 1st April National Day...
- See All Linos 'Eliomylos' Olive Press Museum...
- See All Divine Tastes, Highly recommended!
- Be careful when driving a scooter!
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Have you been to Troodos?Share Your Travels