Various (North & South bank!): "With a river view.." London Hotel Tip by Durfun
London Hotels: 1,800 reviews and 1,748 photos
Savoy is great, right off the Strand, in Theatreland! Nearest stations: Charing Cross, & Covent Garden.
Crowne Plaza City, near Blackfriars.
Royal Horse Guards, near Trafalgar Square; Charing Cross station is a two-minute walk, and Embankment tube is right opposite!
The Howard Hotel London, 12 Temple Place, WC2R 2PR, near Covent Garden
*** Generally, in my opinion, a south of the Thames location offers better views as you can see the old & new (some skyscrapers) all jumbled up - a good contrast!
Mercure Hotel, 75-79 Southwark Street, London, SE1 0JA, near Southwark tube.
The link below link lists such locations, eg Marriott County Hall, Novotel London Waterloo (113 Lambeth Road, London, SE1 7LS), Park Plaza Riverbank (18 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TJ, VERY GOOD VALUE!!!), etc
Unique Qualities: River views, near many major attractions, convenient transport links, plenty of choices for drinking & dining, as well as entertainment, eg theatre, plays, cinema, etc.
Address: Around Starand, and also around Southwark
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Locations around Charing Cross, Embankment, blackfriars, plus Waterloo, Southwark, London Bridge, etc
More Reviews (109)
- See All One New Change
- See All Very Chic Chinese
- See All Funky Belgian beers anyone?
- See All Bicycle hire outside tube stations!
- See All Brick Lane & it's Market
- See All Have a week? Then see these...
- See All Ice-skating outside the Natural History...
- See All Ali-Pali Tower, Ice rink roof, Palace...
- For summer, bring your swimming briefs !
- Good quality warm clothes for winter !
- Shady 'southern' areas..
- Need correct change for buses
Durfun's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels