"cultural heritage, travel" Province of Pangasinan Things to Do Tip by thetreasuretracker

Province of Pangasinan Things to Do: 27 reviews and 80 photos

Read full article here: http://trackingtreasure.net/?p=691

We started the tour right by asking for guidance and personal prayer at Senor Divino Tesoro Shrine. Many believed that the crucified statue of Jesus Christ grows in size and grant wishes. Then we headed to Calasiao Church, San Pedro y San Pablo de Calasiao. I was amazed because it was my first time to see a big old church with an interesting and complex architecture, even if it was already reconstructed after according to history, being burned during a revolt and then ruined by an earthquake. I then had the time to ask some locals about my long lost grandparent. It was a long story to tell. They were the uncle and aunt of my father who then took care of the latter when he was young. We used to visit them in their house in Pasig but one time when we went there, we saw their house being reconstructed and found out that they already sold it and they both moved to Pangasinan. From that time, we already lost our communication with them. No one knows exactly where they are. I failed to locate them. And I felt sad because it?s one of the reasons why I joined this trip, to find a long lost relative. Anyway, our trip to Calasiao wouldn?t be complete without tasting their most proud of delicacy, ?puto?, a soft bite-sized rice cake. Being considered as the town?s ?white gold?, this is famous to all locals and tourists especially pilgrims of the Senor Divino Tesoro.

• Updated Mar 30, 2011

Comments

thetreasuretracker

“"Sometimes, we do not need a map in our journey, we just follow where our heart beats to go, and at the end of the road,”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Province of Pangasinan?