"Favourite Statues: Mozart, Salzburg" Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Things to Do Tip by Maryimelda
Europe Things to Do: 1,313 reviews and 2,177 photos
This statue of Salzburg's favourite son could almost be described as iconic where this lovely city is concerned. Not all people come to visit Salzburg because of its connection with "The Sound of Music". Many or perhaps even most, come to see the birthplace of Mozart and the places where he grew up and the venues where he played.
The statue stands in the renamed "Mozart Square" not far from the Dom. It is the work of Ludwig Swanthaler and dates back to 1842 at which time a beautiful baroque fountain was removed to make way for it.
Address: Mozart Square
More Things to Do in Europe (75)
More Reviews (61)
- See All Bretzenheim Eremitage, Rhineland...
- See All Best way to see the Rhine
- See All Be proud to be a tourist in Europe
- See All Renowned Shopping Streets: Ruedesheim
- See All These take the cake.
- See All Not everything in Europe is BIG
Maryimelda's Related Pages
Have you been to Europe?Share Your Travels