"A Peoria Landmark" Top 5 Page for this destination Hotel Pere Marquette Tip by riorich55

Hotel Pere Marquette, Peoria: 5 reviews and 13 photos

Exterior of Hotel

Exterior of Hotel
      Inside Stairwell Off Main Street Going Up to Lobby
      Front Lobby and Check In
      My Corner Room
      View From My Room on the 5th Floor
    by riorich55

This Peoria landmark hotel has been around since 1927. Although it shows some of its age it still is the place to stay in downtown Peoria. This was my second time staying at the Pere Marquette, the first being a number of years ago when my wife's side of the family had a family reunion here.

In the next couple of years the original Hotel Pere Marquette will be no longer as the Marriott Corporation is buying it and the land on the entire block. I believe their plans over the next couple of years are to first, tear down the land and the buildings next door to the Pere Marquette and replace them with a Marriott Courtyard. The 2nd phase (or maybe it's the 1st, I don't really know) is to renovate the Pere and make it a full service Marriott Hotel. So when you go to Peoria in the future you will have your choice of either a full service Marriott or a business related Courtyard right next door.

Parking is Free

The elevators are small and slow so be prepared to wait a little bit in the lobby until your elevator comes. But while waiting take a look around at the architecture inside that you surely won't find in most hotels built nowadays. It will make your wait short indeed.

Unique Qualities: My most recent stay was 2 nights during one of the two annual High School Basketball weekends, so the place was jumping (literally). I didn't use any of the amenities here, but they do have a small restaurant and bar area as well as a small workout facility. They do not have a pool here (like I said built in 1927).

Years ago when I was a student in town at Bradley University they had a very nice restaurant where I took my girlfriend (now my wife) for a nice dinner on my 21st birthday. All the meals were cooked with liquor way back when which is why I obviously selected it for that particular birthday. They still have a very nice banquet facility at the hotel and the Friday night I was there they had a huge Mardi Gras type fund raising event for MS.

Address: 501 Main Street, Peoria, Illinois, 61602, United States
Comparison: about average
Phone: 1 800 447 1676
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotelperemarquette.com

• Written Mar 27, 2011

Comments

riorich55 Used To Live Here!

riorich55

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Have you been to Peoria?