Tobacco Pub: "A Three-In-One Place!" Adinkerke Restaurant Tip by johngayton

Lunch
      Bar and Shop
      Frontage
    by johngayton

This was an almost ideal little find for me on my March 2011 visit, and it provided me with a little chuckle. Tobacco Pub is foremostly an other tobacco shop which has the added bonus of having a cafe-bar which offers a small range of simple snacky-stuff and very-reasonably-priced beer.

Whilst I was enjoying my beer and a light lunch an English couple came in and asked for a menu.

In Adinkerke of course all the bars have "English" menus and here this offered a couple of "English breakfast" options and a few other snacky things.

The male half of the couple said something like "We don't want breakfast, it's lunchtime, we just want a sandwich."

The server, whose English was perfect, pointed out the "baguettes" section of
the menu.

To which the English guy replied - "We dont want any of that foreign stuff, we just want a
sandwich."

HA!

Favorite Dish: Me I had the "Pizza Baguette" which was a toasted half-baguette topped with basil pesto, tomato and cheese and was exactly what I was after. My half-litre of Leffe Blonde turned out to be considerably more than 50 cl (the barmaid having topped the glass almost to the brim) and for a 6.50 Euro lunch this was almost perfect.

The only thing that made the experience less than 100% is the fact that since the bar serves food then you can't smoke in it!

Address: Dijk 6
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Just over the footbridge, on the left.
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Diner
Website: http://www.realtobacco.be

• Written Mar 27, 2011

More Restaurants in Adinkerke (1)

Comments

johngayton Visits Here Frequently!

johngayton

“The slow lane often gets you there faster”

Have you been to Adinkerke?