Stella's: "Don't Eat Italian Here!" Lubbock Restaurant Tip by melindah951

Lubbock Restaurants: 12 reviews and 4 photos

Stella's is supposed to be a high-end 4 star restaruant in Lubbock. I live in Lubbock and have eaten here a total of 2 times and will never eat there again. Although the decor is inviting and quite quaint (dark, new york decals--in Lubbock, TX), the food is very mediocore for a "4 star" restaurant. The first time I visited, I came in with a party of 8. I ate the "Chicken Caprese" --$14.99" It is just a slice of a chicken breast with no flavor (I can make that at home) with slices of a COLD tomato and slices of mozzarella cheese) The chicken also was COLD. Not worth 15.00.
The 2nd time I ate there in a party of 4. We were dressed more casually this time, but nice. Apparently not nice enough. We were put way in the back of the restaurant away from all the other customers. The waiters also "stashed" their handicapped clientele back there also. It was sad. We spent almost $100 and the food was absolutely nothing to write home about.

Favorite Dish: nothing. Even their house wine is $6.00 per glass and is only boxed wine called "Vella" which I can get the whole box for less than $10.00 at the local grocery store.

Address: 50th street lubbock tx
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 1
Theme: Italian

• Written Mar 21, 2011

melindah951 Lives Here!

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Lubbock?