"Stolen medication ruined our trip..." Dreams Punta Cana Tip by hopefulsavvytraveler

Dreams Punta Cana, Punta Cana: 10,082 reviews and 17 photos

Not friendly, pretty sneaky, did not call or email back. Went to front desk and manager to tell them medication had been stolen from our room in the hour we were gone. My mom remembered she left it out, was worried, went back to room, there was a guy and two women there "cleaning." The guy vanished and she realized it was gone. All staff except one kind concierge who tried to help me get a refill (it was fake, expensive, and took a whole day of the 3-day trip) were uncaring and looked at me with a blank look and a shrug. I explained to them that this is a woman with a heart condition, her health could be in your hands. Nothing. They were not great in other ways. They say no tipping but we saw people doing it and obviously getting preferential treatment. They say one wedding a day but it was one wedding per wedding consultant, of which there were several, so we were rushed out of the wedding area due to the next wedding of a real bridezilla and her posse. People begging for money at airport. Sing you a song, then ask for money, you say no, they shove you and hiss in your ear what a **** you are. Is this a beautiful tropical island? Yes. Can you relax and have a good time? No. Staff either needs to be paid more or screened better before hiring.

Address: Playas Uvero Alto - Provincia La Altagracia (Formerly Sunscape) Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Price Comparison: most expensive
Phone: 1-809-682-0404
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.dreamsresorts.com/drepc/index.html

• Written Mar 21, 2011

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Punta Cana?