"Restaurant in Prague" Prague Tourist Trap Tip by alphapapavictor

Prague Tourist Traps: 298 reviews and 180 photos

Once you cross the street infront of Charles Bridge there are restaurants on both sides of the street. I was going through the menu displayed infront of one of those mediterranean-Czech restaurants (I believe it had a shop number 10) the waiter came out to speak to me and told me about the special offer they had on that day. It was an attractive offer and the details of the same were written i bold pink in front of the restaurant . I ordered the same dish and it was good. Then I asked for the receipt and to my surprise I found that the price charged was different. The waiter who served at my table feigned ignorance about the offer that was made to me and to what was written at the entrance. Luckily the other waiter was there and I could get my point across. May be they didn't want to alert other customers they had, they settled for the right amount. Visitors to Prague beware of these tricks. I never expected it to happen in a restaurant.

Unique Suggestions: Visitors to Prague beware of these tricks. I never expected it to happen in a restaurant.

Fun Alternatives: May be get the bill in advance.

• Updated Mar 19, 2011

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Prague?