Hotel Restaurant Winzerhof: "Romantic courtyard in summer :-)" Sankt Martin Restaurant Tip by Trekki

Sankt Martin Restaurants: 2 reviews and 9 photos

Winzerhof courtyard, March 2011

Winzerhof courtyard, March 2011
      Winzerhof courtyard and entrance, March 2011
    by Trekki
      Winzerhof, waffles and vanilla ice cream
      Winzerhof, Flammkuchen (traditional)
    by Trekki

During our recent trip to St. Martin, we wanted only a small snack and have decided to stop at Winzerhof Becker’s in the main street. They had waffles with vanilla ice cream on the board and this was what made my colleague from Australia go straight into the restaurant. She loved her dish and I liked my traditional Flammkuchen. The restaurant has enough room to accommodate and feed a lot of hungry people, both inside and outside in the courtyard. Given the appearance of the courtyard in March, I am sure it will look gorgeous in summer with wine growing all over.
Our bill came to 15,80 Euro, for Flammkuchen, waffles, two latte macchiato and one big can of tap water. Ah yes, I should mention that the waiter didn’t make any fuss when we asked for tap water. Unusual for Germany, but then this is Palatinate where the locals know how to react to customers’ wishes. Credit cards accepted.
(The place is called Becker’s Wein & Sekthaus = wine and sparkling wine house, but it is together with Hotel Winzerhof).

Location of Becker’s Wein & Sekthaus on Google Maps.