"Linde Oberstrass" Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Restaurant Tip by yumyum

Zürich Restaurants: 333 reviews and 597 photos

Linde Oberstrass

Linde Oberstrass
      Cordon Bleu
      Das gemischte Blech
      Apfelkuechlein gebacken
    by yumyum

The Linde Oberstrass is a Zunfthaus (guildhouse), restaurant and a brewery. We (4 of us) sat in a lovely room of the main room/entrance at a window.

The restaurant serves Swiss favourites as well as some kind of Flammkuchen which is called Hefeteigfladen and pasta. When we visited they also had a separate curry menu card. Some of the dishes you can order as half portions at a cheaper price.

Service was attentive. Apart of their own brewed beer (light and dark) they also have a good list of wines.

Table reservation recommended.

Favorite Dish: I opted for the "Riesen-Cordon bleu vom Schwein" which is a a big cordon bleu made of porc for CHF 28.50. I must say that I've had better cordon bleu before. The cheese oozed out alright but it was a bit too liquid and not tasty at all. It seemed to me that the cordon bleu was pre-fabricated. The fries were lovely.

One of the party ordered the "Linde Schnitzel" which I also tasted and this was excellent. The other two of our party ordered "Das gemischte Blech" which is for 2 people and you can see it on photo no. 3.

On photo no. 4 you may see my dessert "Apfelkuechlein gebacken" which are deep fried apple rings covered in a cinnamon/suger mix. They were excellent and cost CHF 10.50.

Address: Universitaetsstrasse 91, 8006 Zurich
Directions: Tram no. 9 or 10, stop Winkelriedstrasse
Phone: 044 362 21 09
Rating: 4
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.linde-oberstrass.ch

• Written Mar 11, 2011

Comments

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Have you been to Zürich?