"Galah - Australian Slang for a Dummy" Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Local Custom Tip by AlbuqRay
Alice Springs Local Customs: 6 reviews and 13 photos
The Galah or the Rose-Breasted Cockatoo is a widespread bird in Australia. They are so silly and funny that if someone calls you a galah, it means you are a dummy, or maybe even a fool or idiot. The Old Ghan Museum in Alice Springs even had an outdoor "Galahliment House," where they feed the galahs and you can watch them while you eat lunch. I included a couple of videoclips. The galah acrobat definitely lived up to his name.
More Local Customs in Alice Springs (2)
More Reviews (108)
- See All ASTS Storage and Buggy Shed
- See All Decommissioning Seabiscuit
- See All Dinner, Singing, Dancing & Internet Live...
- See All Sounds of Starlight Dinner
- See All Aboriginal Art by Pamela Ryan
AlbuqRay's Related Pages
Have you been to Alice Springs?Share Your Travels