CHEAP and DELICIOUS Cashew Chicken?: "Baan Sabi Guest House..." Baan Sabi Guest House Tip by Greggor58

Baan Sabi Guest House, Bangkok: 1 reviews and 3 photos

by Greggor58

This little informal restaurant is located not far off the main drag from Kho San Road. It was so delicious and inexpensive that I made the walk here EVERY day to enjoy it while I visited in Bangkok. It was about a twenty minute walk for me through some backstreets from where I was staying?or I would wrap up my day and head here and then walk in the evening back to my hotel.

The décor is pretty informal and I chose to sit outdoors...?wooden picnic type tables and benches, the menu was simple?but varied and EVERYTHING on the menu was CHEAP by Canadian standards.

I remember calculating the cost in Canadian dollars?for the equivalent of about $ 3.00 I enjoyed a good sized portion of Cashew Chicken and a side of rice and a Coca-Cola on ice and a bottle of drinking water. If you wanted you have the choice of cutlery or chop sticks and there were a variety of hot sauces and other condiments available to use.

The service was totally acceptable and the food was served fresh and hot and I enjoyed its location, a street side where mostly pedestrians walked and FEW automobiles drove by.
The location, being close to Kho San Road kind of lent itself to some GREAT people watching and some fun entertainment.

Just down the street from the restaurant you?ll find Wat Chana Songkhram?a quiet little Temple that fits a little oddly into the whole scene?but certainly adds to the Peace you?ll find here.

If you take the time to look for this place?or even stumble across it on your journey?I think you?ll end up a ?regular customer? as I quickly became.

Address: 12 Soi Rongmai
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Kho San Rd and Soi Ram Buttri..Side Street.
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Written Mar 6, 2011

More Restaurants in Bangkok (1)

Comments

Greggor58

“Every road goes SOMEWHERE...”

Have you been to Bangkok?