"Opéra Garnier from the third level of box seats" Top 5 Page for this destination Opéra Garnier Tip by Nemorino

Opéra Garnier, Paris: 131 reviews and 274 photos

1. Opéra Garnier from the third level of box seats

1. Opéra Garnier from the third level of box seats
      2. Audience and spotlights at the Opéra Garnier
      3. Spectators in the third level of box seats
      4. My ticket for box 18, seat 5
    by Nemorino

What I have found while booking Paris opera tickets online is that usually only the higher-priced categories are on offer, starting at 40 or 45 Euros.

So this time I didn't book online, but just went and took my chances at the box office. The Opéra Bastille was nearly sold out, with 85 Euros being the cheapest seat available, so I passed on that, but at the Garnier I got a place in the third level of box seats for only 25 Euros -- more than double the price I pay for an opera ticket in Frankfurt am Main, but hey, this is Paris.

At the Bastille box office you can buy tickets for the Garnier as well, and visa versa.

Second photo: Audience and spotlights at the Opéra Garnier.

Third photo: Spectators in the third level of box seats.

Fourth photo: My ticket for box 18, seat 5. On the ticket it clearly says "Visibilité réduite" = reduced visibility, and that was certainly true, but there was fortunately no one behind me so I could simply stand up whenever I wished.

Address: 8 rue Scribe, 75009 Paris
Directions: Place de l'Opéra
Vélib' 2015 or 2014
Metro: Opéra
48°52'16.73" North; 2°19'54.97" East

Phone: 08 92 89 90 90
Website: http://www.operadeparis.fr/

• Updated Jul 11, 2013

Comments

Nemorino Used To Live Here!

Nemorino

“Cars from now on will have to be lighter, smaller, slower, cleaner – and fewer! ”

Have you been to Paris?